Tuesday, May 31, 2011

How do I change my name of the directory of my computer (my name)?

C:\Documents and Settings\Emily\My Documents\My Music



How can I permanently change the ';Emily'; there? I just want to change the name altogether. You don't have to tell me steps, just tell me where I can do that.How do I change my name of the directory of my computer (my name)?
start%26gt;right click my computer%26gt;properties%26gt;click on the Computer name tab%26gt;click change%26gt; erase what is in the computer name text box%26gt;type the new name%26gt;click OK%26gt;click APPLY%26gt;click OK

restart computer

THAT IS FOR CHANGING THE COMPUTER NAME



THIS IS FOR CHANGING YOUR ACCOUNT NAME

go to the user accounts option in the control click your name and select change my nameHow do I change my name of the directory of my computer (my name)?
You have to change the name of your user in Control Panel...



Start%26gt;Control Panel%26gt;User Accounts%26gt;Change Account%26gt;Select the account you want to change, then select the name as what you want to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment