Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I am looking at a webpage and it asks me to change something in the root directory?

In order to view the page. Is it safe to do it and how do I do it? Thanks.I am looking at a webpage and it asks me to change something in the root directory?
Sounds like you had your homepage hijacked! DON'T DO WHAT IT SAYS TO!! Run virus scan %26amp; clean any virus threats. May also be helpful to do a system restore to last week.I am looking at a webpage and it asks me to change something in the root directory?
Don't do it!!

I've never run across this, would never do it because a webpage asks you to, why would you?
because i like hedgehogs i will tell you a golden rule, never change anything on your system because a site or web page wants you to, if a site wants you to access it then it will be set up ready for you to access it, you should not have to make changes to your system to accomodate the site. If it wants you to make changes then there must be some other motive for this. Why not post the name of this site on here for everyone to see, there will then be more chance to expose them for what i suspect them to be. I am so pleased that you had the foresight to post the question here before making changes. take care and good luck, by the way, we now have 2 families of hedgehogs in the garden, do you know how noisy they are when they fight LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment