Monday, June 6, 2011

Command Prompt disappeared; help?

I'm trying to do some C++ for a class next year with, but vista's command prompt is missing (?!?). Clicking on the shortcut icon tells you its unavailable. I'd use the Visual Studios C++ command prompt instead (I just got the free, express version, not the whole thing), but it automatically sends you to programfiles/visualstudio, and my computer won't let me put files in there (It says I don't have permission, but I'm the administrator). Could I somehow re-install command prompt, or, if that's not possible, tell me how to change the directory from programfiles in visual studio's command prompt?Command Prompt disappeared; help?
Goto your start menu

Click Run...

Type cmd or command.com

There you goCommand Prompt disappeared; help?
vista has no run, but it has a search box... just type cmd in search box

No comments:

Post a Comment