Monday, June 6, 2011

How do I do this in Ubuntu (Linux OS) Totally new to Linux?

I want to try out Ubuntu so I have installed it in a Virtual Computer. (VM Ware) Now I need to install the VMWare Tools and have no idea how to do this. I need to execute a certain file in the terminal but dont know how to change the directory so it points to the file. I am totally new to Linux and have no idea what I am doing. Can someone please help me out?



I am totally new to this so an easy to understand answer would be good for me :)



Thank youHow do I do this in Ubuntu (Linux OS) Totally new to Linux?
Or you could run it from a live CD. All the fun of Linux, but no installing, so if you don't like it, you've lost nothing. And if you make a mistake while using it, it doesn't matter as no changes will be saved and you start fresh on the next boot.How do I do this in Ubuntu (Linux OS) Totally new to Linux?
If they have the link for you then click that save then run as shown on the screen.
i'm sorry.... i can't help with VMWare.



i'd just install it on a separate partition. it's a little less messy.
  • laptop alarm clock
  • grey hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment