Monday, June 6, 2011

Compiling a source file?

it's my first time using ';cmd';,how do i change my directory from ';c:/documents and settings/owner/'; to just ';C:/';?????Compiling a source file?
The short answer is ';cd c:\';



Longer answer is to read up on dos commands. type help at the command prompt for some basic info.Compiling a source file?
Well, my friend welcome to Command line. When you type in something say C:\ whatever you have a chance to go back, and in turn go back to previous directories, I don't think that you can change that directory name, once windows is installed, thats the destination folder on your computer. So, having said that to change a directory in DOS, or cmd..and its simple, yes but effective just type ';CD'; (change directory) and then hit the ';period'; key. '.' so it would or should look like this C:\documents\my_pictures\photos_1996 to this C:\My_documents\My_pictures\ thats only if you typed one (1) period after the CD. if you hit two periods (2) after the CD then it will go back to C:\My_documents, do it again it will go to the c drive all together. I hope this helps, im going to try it before i submit, just incase. good luck!



Ok, i just opened Command prompt. my directory at load was this: C:\Users\Mr. Steve D%26gt; i then typed CD..and it went to the previous directory, which is C:\Users\ and then to C:\%26gt; Using ';cd..'; or ';cd period period';

No comments:

Post a Comment