Monday, June 6, 2011

How do I make this .bat file execute? I want to add it as a task in winxp. Here is the code:?

I am trying to make this .bat file do a system Tune-up %26amp; Optimizatoin. Then run a checkdisk.

This can be modified for 2k,Xp,Vista just change the directories that need to be cleaned up.





echo off



c:\del *.tmp *.dmp *index.dat /s

C:\Documents and Settings\%User\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files

C:\Windows%26gt;deltree Temporary Internet Files

Delete Directory ';Temporary Internet Files';

C:\windows\cookies del

C:\Documents and Settings\%User\Local Settings\Cookies

C:\Windows%26gt;deltree Cookies

Delete Directory ';Cookies';

C:\Documents and Settings\%User\Local Settings\History

C:\Windows%26gt;deltree History

Delete Directory ';History';

C:\Documents and Settings\%User\Local Settings\Temp

C:\Windows%26gt;deltree Temp

Delete Directory ';Temp';

c:\chkdsk /f



echo offHow do I make this .bat file execute? I want to add it as a task in winxp. Here is the code:?
You want it to run systematically? or just want it to run? .bat execute just like an .exe for me



If you want it systematically, maybe putting it in the startup?How do I make this .bat file execute? I want to add it as a task in winxp. Here is the code:?
Save that batch file out where you can find it with a name you're going to remember.

Go to your Start Menu, click on Run, and then type in the name of the file you saved.



I've just tried it here, and it works!!! Thanks for the batch file :)



Scots
  • name of italian
  • worst relationship advice
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment