Monday, June 6, 2011

Microsoft Office 2008 on mac question.?

I have a ms office 2008 on my macbook and everytime I open either MSN messenger,MS word, ms excel,or etc , there will be a folder in my ';document'; folder written ';microsoft user data'; and everytime i delete it and open my ms office apps, it will come again. How to make gone or perhaps I want it to change the directory for that folder.Microsoft Office 2008 on mac question.?
it's there for a good reason. Micro$oft uses that folder to store your settings and preferences for Office. Office looks for that file every time it is opened, and generates it if not there. Short of rewriting Office itself, you cannot get rid of it. Same as a .pref file for an apple program. Leave it be.Microsoft Office 2008 on mac question.?
Solution: Don't delete it.

It is a necessary folder for Office and will hold your individual customizations like signature, custom dictionaries, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment