Monday, June 6, 2011

My file permissions suddenly changed on my other hard drive. Now I have to individually change them all back.?

I just received this Acer M1100 computer and hooked up my old hard drive to copy music files. I accessed them no problem and played them no problem. 2 minutes later I can't play them anymore or even copy to the new computer. What the hell is going on? I don't have permission on any of them. I am administrator and there are no other users. Tried turning UAC off didn't do nothing.



How do I change them back??? I can't change the entire directory back I have to do one at a time. Tried this article with hierarchicle box for SYSTEM and it's not there. WTF???My file permissions suddenly changed on my other hard drive. Now I have to individually change them all back.?
1. start -%26gt; search / find files and folders

2. type *.mp3 as search option

3. It will list all your files. Now select all , right-click -%26gt;properties

4. Change the permissions.

No comments:

Post a Comment