Monday, June 6, 2011

How can I fix the windows directory without having to wipe my computer?

A while ago my computer told me that a file in the windows directory was changed, I didn't think it was a problem at the time but when i try to use that computer instead of booting up to the desktop it goes to the log in screen and if i click the user button it tells me its logging in then logs back out.



I think it was a virus that did that.



Anyway I'd like to know how to fix this without having to loose any data, I was told to fix a file in the windows directory.



How can I fix my computer so i can use itHow can I fix the windows directory without having to wipe my computer?
You could use the Windows Recovery Console. Insert your windows disk and then boot the computer. Then you can enter recovery mode and have access to it. More information is in the source below. From there you can reinstall a single file. Another option is to just repair windows by reinstalling only the operating system (source).

No comments:

Post a Comment