Thursday, September 22, 2011

How can I change a name listed under ';documents and settings';?

Ok here's the deal. I just bought a new pc off a friend. He had already turned it on and set it up so the file directory shows ';documents and settings/Bryan';. I want to change it to my name but when I choose RENAME it says it's a system directory, blah blah blah and won't let me change it.

Any ideas how I can force the change?How can I change a name listed under ';documents and settings';?
I would suggest make a new user as the other people wrote. If you want to use the same settings as the current Bryan user copy that profile to yours using copy profile.



Source below on copying profile.How can I change a name listed under ';documents and settings';?
try change account user name in control panel %26gt; account name
Documents %26amp; Settings are associated with a User account. Click on START --%26gt; Settings --%26gt; Control Panel. In this window, double-click the ';User Accounts'; icon. This will bring up the user administration window where you can add and delete users. I suggest adding a new user. If you delete the existing user, it may affect installed programs, short-cuts, etc...

No comments:

Post a Comment