Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Inside Windows XP COmmand prompt how do I change to a different harddrive so I can view that directory?

My current dir is the C drive. I want to check my F drive thru command prompt. What would be the command string and options.



ThanksInside Windows XP COmmand prompt how do I change to a different harddrive so I can view that directory?
just type f:



to change directory type cd *foo*



*foo* - is the directory name you want to goInside Windows XP COmmand prompt how do I change to a different harddrive so I can view that directory?
hi,



type F:

cd \



HWH,

http://dwikristianto.homeunix.org
First of all to get Command prompt Programs - Run - Type 'cmd' and press enter key

U will get Command prompt screen as follows

C:\WINDOWS%26gt;



To Change to other drives



C:\WINDOWS%26gt; ' type Drive Letter followed by : Symbol AND PRESS ENTER KEY'

Eg:

C:WINDOWS%26gt;d:

NOW U WILL GET PROMPT AS

D:\%26gt;



TO CHANGE TO DIFFERENT DIRECTORIES U HAVE 'CD' COMMAND

CD FOLLOWED BY DIRECTORY NAME

DIR COMMAND ALLOWS U TO VIEW THE LIST FILES AND DIRECTORIES
for change directory

typy F: press enter

end type ';dir'; and press enter.

No comments:

Post a Comment