Tuesday, September 13, 2011

I open my command prompt and the directory is doc.'s and settings. How do I change it to Windows?

I want to do a scanreg /fix but I need to be in windows command not documents and settings.I open my command prompt and the directory is doc.'s and settings. How do I change it to Windows?
1) Input ';cd..'; without the quote. After that, press enter.

2) Repeat step 1 until you only see C://.

3) Input ';cd Windows'; without the quote. After that, press enter.



After that, you should be able to run scanreg if the exe is inside Windows folder.



Hope that helps =)I open my command prompt and the directory is doc.'s and settings. How do I change it to Windows?
cd\Windows
cd c:\windows
cd\windows



i recommend u get a dos book, for easy reference.
  • should she tell someone
  • baby name combo
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment