Tuesday, September 13, 2011

How do I configure my PHP.INI file to allow for the ability of uploads?

I just recently transfered over my website to a new server, and now I can not use the script that was set to upload photos with out changing the photo directories to a chmod of 777



How do I configure my PHP.INI file to allow for the ability of uploads so that i dont have to chmod my directories to 777





I am currently running 5.2.5How do I configure my PHP.INI file to allow for the ability of uploads?
In my openion, you don't have to do anything with php.ini file. You just modify your script. Whenever a file is being uploaded, just change the folder parameter to 775 and then change back to 755. I am sure it will work. Never keep your directories be 777. It is a major security risk. Please read at following to know how you can change folder parameters on the fly.

http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.ch

Regards

No comments:

Post a Comment