Thursday, September 22, 2011

I am a group owner that wants to now make my private group visible in the yahoo directory.?

On the ';management'; page of my group, it indicates I cannot change my group from being unlisted in the yahoo directory to being listed so that prospective members can find the group. How do I get that change accomplished?I am a group owner that wants to now make my private group visible in the yahoo directory.?
*groups can now be changed from closed (private) to other, Yahoo has changed that setting so it's no longer irreversible.* however if you select the group to be closed, it wont list in the directory. only restricted and open memberships are in the directory.

if you select restricted, it means you have to approve the memberships which is a better option and the only way you'll gain members since a closed group is invite only.I am a group owner that wants to now make my private group visible in the yahoo directory.?
To the best of my knowledge you can't change it. if memory serves me correctly when you start a group you receive the warning that if you choose private you cannot change it. I do stand to be corrected oh that, it's been many years since I started a group.One suggestion if necessary start a new group with a slight change in the name i.e. dogwalkers2 instead of dogwalkers.

No comments:

Post a Comment