Thursday, September 22, 2011

I can't delete a file I downloaded with Vuze?

I downloaded a 4.92 gb folder using Vuze. I finished the download a few days ago, so I was just seeding it. Then suddenly, an error appears saying ';incorrect file size'; so I changed the file directory. And then, in the main folder of what I downloaded, a 1.79 gb copy of the downloaded folder appeared. I tried to delete it, but it appears the file is protected.



When I tried to access the torrent again, it just starts the download all over again, even though I already have it. How do I delete the file? I don't even care about seeding anymore, but my dad's gonna kill me with 1.79 gb useless files.I can't delete a file I downloaded with Vuze?
Some methods.



1: Stop Vuze running. The computer's SHARE program is running meaning that you cannot delete a file that is in use (Vuze is seeding it).



or



2: Restart the computer and hold down the f8 button until the screen prompts you to enter SAFE MODE.



Once in safe mode, find your way to the folder where this 1.79GB folder is and delete it.



or



3: Right click on the folder containing the files and set the properties by unticking any box that says ';Read Only';. Now try to delete them.

No comments:

Post a Comment