Thursday, September 22, 2011

Outlook 2002 with 2 Contacts folders? Help!?

I transferred my contacts folder and email folders to another laptop, both using Outlook 2002. However, I have 2 Contacts folders. One has my contacts inside. The other is empty. BOTH are named ';Contacts';. How can I find and rename the empty one so I can remove it properly from Outlook%26gt; Tools%26gt; Address Book ?



In other words, what's the usual Windows pathname where Outlook's Contact folder is stored, and what's the extension.





In Tools %26gt; Email Accounts %26gt; Directory%26gt; Email Accounts%26gt; Change, there are 2 identical-looking Address Books, both named ';Contacts: Personal Folders';.

My problem is one has my contacts and I DON';T want to delete that one... the other's empty.

Where ELSE (in the main directory tree) can I look for these two folders and rename one? Is it buried in the outlook.pst file (which I can find, btw) or squirreled away someplace else?



Thanks.Outlook 2002 with 2 Contacts folders? Help!?
To delete an empty contact folder,

1. go to outlook menu, view, folder list

2. click the plus sign of contacts folder, locate the folder you want to delete,

3. click on the folder to confirm it's empty, no outlook items on the right, right click on that folder in folder list choose delete ';%26lt;folder name%26gt;';

4. right click on the ';%26lt;folder name%26gt;'; under Deleted items and choose delete ';%26lt;folder name%26gt;'; to permanently remove it.

Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment