Saturday, November 20, 2010

How to change default directory in Microsoft Frontpage?

When I try to open an existing file using Microsoft Frontpage, it always defaults to look in the ';My Webs'; folder.



How do I change it so it looks in the directory where I keep all my web page files?



This program came bundled with a Microsoft Office package I got when I bought my computer and there was absolutely no documentation with it. I've looked just about everywhere I can think of within the program and can't find a way to do it.How to change default directory in Microsoft Frontpage?
To change Default Location



1- Click Start %26gt; Click Run %26gt; type “regedit” to run Registry Editor

2- find following:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ FrontPage \ Explorer \ FrontPage Explorer \ Settings

3- Change the “DefaultWebName”

And finally restart your ComputerHow to change default directory in Microsoft Frontpage?
I am not sure what version you have but you can try going to the TOOLS menu and then choose Options. See if you have a File Locations Tab when Options opens up. If so, you will find it there. You highlight which Files type you want to change, click on Modify and choose the folder you wish to default to.



Good Luck.
research google

No comments:

Post a Comment