Monday, November 22, 2010

Using cmd with my other hard drive?

I can't get cmd prompt to change directories to my second hard drive(D:\)



When I type ';CD D:\'; it does nothing, and if I try to run .exe files directly the cmd prompt opens and closes very fast.



How do I fix this?Using cmd with my other hard drive?
DOS or actually the lack of DOS is starting to bite people.



The CMD window is a distant relative of DOS. Therefore most DOS commands work in a CMD window. An old DOS 6.22 or 5.0 command reference is handy or you can work through the windows help system search for MS-DOS. Also simply enter ';help | more'; in a CMD window without the quotes. You can get more detailed help by adding a ';/?'; after a DOS command.



To answer the actual question...



Open a CMD window. It will stay open until you close it.



To change drives enter %26lt;drive letter%26gt;:

or for example:

C:\%26gt;d:%26lt;enter%26gt;



To change directories with long file names and spaces, put quotes around the directory or path.



Shadow Wolf

No comments:

Post a Comment