Monday, November 22, 2010

Need some help with a DOS program GW Basic??

Okay, I'll try to be as clear as possible.



I am working from a strictly DOS machine at work to do the company billing.



I export a file from QuickBooks place it on a 3.5 floppy and load it onto my DOS machine by using this command:



copy a:pb0507.csv \qbxfer



I then am suppose to change directories



cd \bprog



then



gwbasic



this loads the program I do my billing with.



I enter the imported file name PB0507.csv



I get path not found respons



Okay so it's not finding the file in the QBXFER directory I'm guessing.



I did c:\dir and I see QBXFER but it doesn't have it as a %26lt;DIR%26gt; like some others are listed.



When I try to run a dir on QBXFER all it says is ';1 file'; and how many bytes it has.



So my question is I want to get this file into QBXFER because the GW Basic program is looking in QBXFER for the file.



Too confusing??? Any Help???



Thanks!Need some help with a DOS program GW Basic??
';copy a:pb0507.csv \qbxfer';

If on your screen was the prompt ';c:\%26gt;';

you just managed to rename the file on your floppy into qbxfer in the root directory of C:



suggestion:

first

del c:\qbxfer

md c:\qbxfer

Now that is done you never do this again.



cd c:\qbxfer (and if your prompt was a:\%26gt; type c: )

Now type

copy a:pb0507.csv

cd \bprog

gwbasicNeed some help with a DOS program GW Basic??
Add the directories containing the file to the PATH statement in Confgsys or Autoexec.bat

No comments:

Post a Comment