Monday, November 22, 2010

Ubuntu, Apache, Secure FTP (SFTP) and Dreamweaver. HELP?

I am installing Ubuntu Server 7.04 in a virtual machine on my PC.

I want to setup Dreamweaver on my PC to access the Ubuntu Server via Secure FTP and see the files in \var\www\myfolder

I'm not sure how to setup Secure FTP, I've installed vsftpd but am unsure if it supports SSL. Do I need OpenSSL and vsftpd? if so how do I set them up to work with Dreamweaver?

At the moment I have vsftpd installed and can access a test page I made (\var\www\myfolder\index.html) from the browser on my PC but I cannot setup Dreamweaver to connect to the FTP server and access 'myfolder' I can get it to connect and access the users home directory which I have created a symbolic link to \var\www\myfolder but I can't open that folder (Error: 550 failed to change directory) and it's not using Secure FTP.Ubuntu, Apache, Secure FTP (SFTP) and Dreamweaver. HELP?
It sounds like you are on the right track.

No comments:

Post a Comment