Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Change cmd home directory?

I need to change the home directory for cmd, so it's in the desired directory every time I launch it. I know about the cd/chdir command, and use it, but I want to know how to change the directory it starts in.Change cmd home directory?
It is easiest to do it if you create a shortcut to the cmd.exe



Then right click on the short cut and select Properties.

In the window that opens up, select the Shortcut tab.

You should see a text field that is for Start in:

Put the directory you want it to start in in there.

Press the OK button.



Next time you open cmd with this short cut, it should open in the directory you want. This is assuming you wrote the correct path for the directory.



Good luck.Change cmd home directory?
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/autoruncmd.htm



Check the url. I guess it helps.
Launch it using a shortcut, and set the directory in the Properties of the shortcut.

No comments:

Post a Comment