Saturday, November 20, 2010

How to change my cmd directory to documents and settings?

My computer have a virus and I am ready to used bots technique to remove this particular virus. I dont know how to changed the CMD directory. Please help me.How to change my cmd directory to documents and settings?
Like this:



cd documents and settings



It's the 'cd' command, stands for Change Directory.



EDIT: I just tried it (on Vista) and the quotes are not necessary.



The leading backslash is necessary if you are not already in the root directory (';\';).How to change my cmd directory to documents and settings?
you'll probably want to type it as



cd ';\documents and settings';



The backslash means that the documents and settings directory is in the root directory (which is where it is) and the quotes are needed because it has spaces in the name.

No comments:

Post a Comment