Monday, November 22, 2010

How to transfer a Joomla website from one computer to another? from one host to another?

My partner and I are developing a Joomla website for a certain project. We are using separate computer and separate hosts (localhosts). My partner has made changes to the graphical design and database structure so I have copied the directories (folders) to my computer. In doing such, I have encountered this error message ';Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL';. Please help. Thanks :))How to transfer a Joomla website from one computer to another? from one host to another?
You have to copy the database as well. Once you've done that, you have to update configuration.php with the DB info.



An alternative is to use Akeeba Backup. I use it on all my sites - about 3 dozen now. I build a clients site on my host and then transfer over. You can visit them at http://www.akeebabackup.com/ for all the information.How to transfer a Joomla website from one computer to another? from one host to another?
don\'t that

No comments:

Post a Comment